Skip to main content

Charles Akinbola, AVP Talent Development

The Human Elements Behind Our Success

Who is Charles?

Charles is the AVP of Talent Development at Elements. Throughout his time at Elements, he’s been involved with the Diversity Equity Inclusion and Belonging Council, CliftonStrengths Steering Committee and served as a talent recruiter to attract star employees. Charles shares that his top strengths are connectedness, positivity, achievement, development, and discipline. 

What does Charles do?

His role focuses on the acquisition, growth, development, and retention of employees at Elements. He models the credit union culture through effective partnerships, engagement, and demonstration of the philosophies and values of the organization. 

When did Charles join Elements?

Charles was introduced to Elements through his father, Bukky Akinbola, who has been a member for over 30 years.

“I knew about Elements’ passion for serving members and the community. When I saw there was an opening, I was excited to join the friendly staff and be on both sides of the partnership.”

- Charles Akinbola

Before Elements, Charles worked as a Program Director for Dream Alive Inc., a non-profit organization that mentors young students in central Indianapolis. Now, he has become the Board Chair of the organization, and he says it is truly a full-circle experience to watch Elements employees volunteer and invest in the youth! 

Why does Charles enjoy working at Elements?

For Charles, it’s all about making a difference. Transitioning from full-time non-profit work, Charles was happy to work with a company that utilizes their money, talents, and people to give back to the community.

On top of the competitive perks and benefits Elements has to offer, Charles is grateful for the people he gets to collaborate with. He adds, “the employees not only care about the mission, but they care for each other, our members, and our community. What more can you want from your coworkers?” 

Where can we find Charles?

Charles enjoys spending time with his family, watching football games, and streaming his favorite TV series like The Office, Parks & Recreation, Stranger Things, Abbott Elementary, and many more. He is also involved with his church and local community. For an easy, quick getaway, you are sure to find Charles relaxing by a lake in Angola, Indiana. 

What are some "fun facts" about Charles?

He recently took home a championship title with the Broad Ripple rec kickball team last fall. In addition to playing sports, he also attended 3 NFL Super Bowls, back-to-back! As we know, Charles prides himself in being a sports fanatic, but this proud Purdue alumni says that he can count the number of Purdue basketball and football games he’s attended on just one hand. “It’s still hard for me to believe,” he chuckles. 

Banking the Way You Want It

Mobile Banking App

• Online banking & bill pay
  • Mobile check deposit

Add our Card Control App

• Added security for Elements credit and debit cards
  • Card lock technology
  • Card activity notifications